Join the Democrats Abroad Berlin Book Club
The Berlin book club aims to provide a shared reading experience and relaxed discussion space for Democrats Abroad members. We meet the fourth Thursday of the month.
You don’t have to have finished the book entirely to attend. Each month we have attendees who only had time to make it partway through and we welcome them!
- June 25, 2020: Educated by Tara Westover
- July 23, 2020: The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
- August 27, 2020: The Five: The Lives of Jack the Ripper’s Women by Hallie Rubenhold
What we’ve read so far
If you’re curious about the previous books we’ve read and discussed, here’s a selection.
- June 2019: Becoming by Michelle Obama
- July 2019: The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
- August 2019: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- September 2019: Mythos by Stephen Fry
- October 2019: The Road Beyond Ruin by Gemma Liviero
- November 2019: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- December 2019: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- January 2020: The Cave by José Saramago
- February 2020: Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- May 2020: Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams