Join the Democrats Abroad Berlin Book Club
The Berlin book club aims to provide a shared reading experience and relaxed discussion space for Democrats Abroad members. We meet the fourth Thursday of the month.
June 2021 Update: DA-Berlin book club is on hiatus until we have someone to pick it up for organization! Contact us for more information or with any questions.
You don’t have to have finished the book entirely to attend. Each month we have attendees who only had time to make it partway through and we welcome them!
- Let us know if you want to get involved!
What we’ve read so far
If you’re curious about the previous books we’ve read and discussed, here’s a selection.
- June 2019: Becoming by Michelle Obama
- July 2019: The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
- August 2019: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- September 2019: Mythos by Stephen Fry
- October 2019: The Road Beyond Ruin by Gemma Liviero
- November 2019: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- December 2019: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- January 2020: The Cave by José Saramago
- February 2020: Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
- May 2020: Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- June 2020: Educated by Tara Westover
- July 2020: The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
- August 2020: The Five: The Lives of Jack the Ripper’s Women by Hallie Rubenhold
- February 2021: The Hardest Job in the World: The American Presidency by John Dickerson
- April 2021: How Long ’til Black Future Month? by N.K. Jemisin
- May 2021: Päntsdrunk (Kalsarikänni): The Finnish Path to Relaxation (Drinking at Home, Alone, in Your Underwear) by Miska Rantanen