- This event has passed.
DAG 2018 Annual General Meeting in Hamburg
February 23, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - February 25, 2018 @ 3:00 pm€
Registration is now open: https://goo.gl/forms/
Participants are welcome to arrive in Hamburg already on Friday, February 23rd to have dinner and attend a performance of “Neuland” at the Lichthof Theater. Tickets can be purchased as part of registration and are €18 for regular tickets and €12 for reduced tickets (students and retirees).
Schedule of Events
Friday, February 23rd
16:00 Registration opens at the Lichthof Theater
17:00 Mixer event at the Theater
18:00 Dinner (at a nearby restaurant)
20:00 “Neuland” at the Lichthof Theater
Saturday, February 24th
8:30 – 9:00 Registration opens at the Kultur Palast
9:00 – 9:30 Opening of the AGM
9:30 – 10:30 GOTV Workshop
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 11:45 Topical Break-outs
12:00 – 13:15 Presentation of the Caucuses
13:15 – 14:15 Lunch
14:15 – 15:00 Topical Break-outs
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee Break
15:30 – 18:00 Discussion and voting on the DAG Bylaws
19:00 – 22:00 Dinner with special guest
Sunday, February 25th
9:00 – 15:00 Meeting of the DA Germany Executive Committee
If you are planning on attending the AGM, please complete the Registration Form (https://goo.gl/forms/
- For the meeting, we are asking participants to donate €15 to help covers use of the room, technical equipment, copies and supplies. We will be offering the early bird price of €15 until February 1st. Starting on February 1st, this price will increase to €25. Under the rules of the Democratic Party and Democrats Abroad a fee for attending the meeting is not allowed.
- Lunch on Saturday is €15.
- Two coffee breaks, which includes unlimited hot beverages, cookies, and a mug to keep, are €5.
- Dinner on Saturday evening is €35 and includes a three-course meal and water (other drinks are at the individual’s expense). There will be a guest speaker and DJ.
Stipends to Attend the AGM
DAG understands the accompanying financial cost of attending the AGM. We want to make sure that as many members are able to attend as possible and one’s financial situation should not be the deciding factor. Therefore, DAG will be offering up to 8 stipends that will cover theater attendance on Friday and the meeting cost on Saturday, and up to 50 EUR in transit costs. The deadline to apply is January 23rd and recipients will be notified by January 26th.
If you are interested in applying for a stipend, please complete the following application form (https://goo.gl/forms/
Homestays in Hamburg
As in the past, homestays will be available thanks to the members of the Hamburg chapter. If you are interested in having a homestay, please complete the following survey so that we can make sure you are matched with an appropriate host: “Need a homestay” survey (https://goo.gl/5cHTm4)
As soon as a homestay has been found, you will be contacted via email.
For those in Hamburg who would be willing to host another member of DAG, please fill out this survey to sign up as a host: “Homestay host” survey (https://goo.gl/d7ecMc)
Accommodation in Hamburg
For those living outside of Hamburg, homestays will be available (check back for more details). If you would prefer to stay in a hotel, a special rate will be given by the Hotel Panorama Inn (Billstedter Hauptstrasse 36, 22111 Hamburg).
- Single room is 56 Euros per room, per night
- Double room is 74 Euros per room, per night
- Check-in on Friday, February 23rd begins at 14:00 and check-out on Sunday, February 25th is 12:00. This price includes a continental breakfast buffet. If arriving by car, there is a parking garage available for 9 Euros per parking space, per night.
- You can pay for the room at the hotel when you arrive.
- To reserve a room, please call 040 733 69 150 or send an email to reservierung@panorama-inn.
de. You can ask to speak to or direct your email to Frau Beate Weidemann or Michael Mehlis-Schöning.
- Rooms can be reserved until January 20, 2018.