Did you miss us during the August event hiatus? We’re refreshed and ready to jump back into the swing of things, and hope you are too.
We love seeing you in person at an event in Berlin, like at the debate viewing this Sunday or at book club later this month.
A few members from Berlin attended a Germany-wide Democrats Abroad planning retreat this past weekend outside Cologne. We laid the groundwork to help even more U.S. citizens vote in 2020 — and we can’t do it without your support. Look out for a recap of the retreat in the next few weeks.
There are a few events outside of Berlin that we think you might be interested in:
- Democrats Abroad Oktoberfest Extravaganza in Munich on October 6, 2019
- A celebration and fundraiser, and a great way to experience Oktoberfest for the first time (with reserved seating)
- Watch the Oktoberfest video
Now's your chance to get tickets for the 11th annual @demsabroad Oktoberfest extravaganza.
— Democrats Abroad Berlin (@DemsinBerlin) August 19, 2019
- 2019 EMEA Regional Meeting in Athens, Greece, from October 11-13, 2019
- Meet DA leaders from all over Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- Planning for primaries, voter registration, and other 2020 goals
Both are great ways to connect with other Americans activists abroad, who care about civic participation and the political process. If you’re curious to find out more, reply to this email!
September Democratic Debate Viewing
September Book Club: Mythos by Stephen Fry
Munich Oktoberfest Extravaganza with Democrats Abroad
Join Democrats Abroad from around Germany and Europe at Oktoberfest in Munich!
Tickets include a reserved seat in the Gallery above the crowds, half a roasted chicken, 2 liters of beer, and a 10 euro coupon for additional food and drinks. And don’t worry, non-alcoholic and vegetarian options are available.