On Tuesday, January 29th, 2019, Democrats Abroad Berlin will hold elections to fill five chapter leadership positions for two-year terms:
- Vice Chair
- Communications and Press Officer
- Volunteer and Membership Coordinator
- GOTV (Get Out The Vote) Coordinator
As the leadership of Germany’s largest chapter and one of the larger Democrats Abroad groups internationally, the Berlin chapter Chair and other leadership positions carry significant responsibility and great opportunity to take political action while living abroad. As the Berlin chapter continues to grow and evolve, our leadership must as well. That’s why, in line with the bylaws changes enacted at the February 2018 Annual General Meeting in Hamburg, the Berlin chapter will be directly electing several leadership positions.
The election will begin promptly at 7:30 PM at Begegnungsstätte Falckensteinstraße at Falckensteinstr. 6, 10997 Berlin (U1 Schlesisches Tor).
Quick Facts about the Election:
- You must be a member of the Democrats Abroad Berlin Chapter before January 1, 2019, to be eligible to run for a leadership position
- To run for any of the five positions, the member must submit their candidacy by 11:59 PM on January 15th, 2019, to email@example.com
- Candidates are also encouraged to submit a 250-word candidate statement to be published online and sent to the chapter membership, if submitted on or before 11:59 PM on January 15th, 2019
- Nominations or self-nominations, for leadership positions may be made after January 15th, but only on election night, from the floor, and will require a second from another member of Democrats Abroad Berlin in the room
- Each candidate may give a speech of up to 10 minutes on election night
- Voters are presumed qualified to participate in the election if
- (1) they have joined Democrats Abroad Germany before arriving at the voting center or
- (2) at the voting center they join Democrats Abroad Germany and establish their identity by objective documentary evidence (including passport, residence card, military or student ID, etc.).
- Persons who appear on the membership rolls of their DAG chapter do not need to provide any form of identification (ID) to be qualified to vote
Please also review the complete rules for the election.
We look forward to all candidates and a large turnout on election night to democratically elect our leadership that will take the helm of Democrats Abroad Berlin chapter through the 2020 elections.
2019 Berlin Chapter Elections – Democrats Abroad Berlin
If you have any questions about the election, the positions, or the process, please do not hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Join us this Wednesday for our final pub night of the year!
Meet us at 7pm under the “Weihnachtsmarkt vor dem Schloss Charlottenburg” at the entrance.